Seqwater's top TIPS FOR PLAYING IT SAFE.
- Always wear a life jacket when on the water.
- Watch your children near the water - remember there are no lifeguards on duty.
- Plan ahead and ensure you have sunscreen and plenty of water.
- Carry a first aid kit and be aware of local wildlife, such as snakes.
- Assess the conditions before visiting our dams, lakes or parks.
- Download the Seqwater safety app to stay informed and play it safe!
Find out how to play it safe
To help you play it safe at our parks, lakes and dams, check out these handy fact sheets and regularly visit the Seqwater website for up-to-date safety notices.
Play it safe
While our Seqwater rangers regularly patrol the lakes and recreation areas, they can’t be everywhere to help you. Plan ahead and check out these simple rules to play it safe at our dams, lakes and parks.
Boating is a popular activity at Seqwater dams and lakes. If you’re planning on taking a vessel out on one of our lakes in South East Queensland, make sure you check out these tips for how to play it safe.
Seqwater offers designated swimming areas at a number of our lakes in South East Queensland where you can take a dip and cool down. Make sure you know how to play it safe while swimming.
Seqwater provides a variety of trails on the land surrounding our dams, lakes and parks for you to enjoy. The majority of trails allow walkers, runners, cyclists and horse riders. To learn more about multi trails, check out our fact sheet.
Blue-green algae are naturally occurring organisms that live in rivers, lakes and waterways as a result of the surrounding environment. Learn more about how this organism can impact recreation activities.